Circular sorting of relationships bug
Operating system version
Description of the issue
I have a relationship which is sorted by a field which is an unstored calc that uses said relationship. Circular, but it's always worked before. In 13, it results in spinning pinwheel of doom (you have to force-quit) if the sort field or any related field is on the layout.
Steps to reproduce the problem
1. Create a new DB. Put one field into the table. Create a second Table Occurence, link the two TOs by the one field.
2. Put the field on a layout, create a record, enter some data.
3. Create a second field. This one's an unindexed calc, table2::indexed_field. Put it on the layout.
4. Pick one side of the relationship, and make it sort by the unindexed field. OK to exit the Manage Database screen.
5. Look at the spinning pinwheel.
6. If you follow those same steps in 12 or earlier, no problem, works fine.
Either it should work fine as in 12, or FileMaker should prevent the user from committing step 4.
Also, pre-existing databases (e.g. created in 12 or earlier, in which this wasn't a problem) should, at a minimum, show <
Spinning pinwheel. Must force-quit.
Exact text of any error message(s) that appear
Create an unsorted TO and use that for the calculated field.
Check every relationship for this situation before updating people to 13.