Classic Theme

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker 14

Operating system version

Windows 2012 Server

Description of the issue

I switched from Classic Theme to view the layout. When I decided to switch back to Classic Theme it is now missing.

• 1. Re: Classic Theme
          Markus Schneider

classic no longer exist under V14 (see 'changes' section from the Filemaker Help). 

existing files with classic theme will still show that theme, but it's no longer there for selecting

• 2. Re: Classic Theme
            TSGal

tds360:

Thank you for your post.

The answer from "markus schneider" is correct (thank you!).  The Classic Theme has been removed from FileMaker Pro 14.  For more information about what has been removed and what has been deprecated in FileMaker Pro 14, see Knowledge Base Article #14399 at:

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/14399

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Classic Theme
              anothersmurf

tds - If you have FileMaker 12 or 13, you can open the DB in that, and change the theme to Classic. The change will stick when you reopen the DB in 14.

FileMaker, if you're listening, this is a real pain. Please restore the Classic theme.

• 4. Re: Classic Theme
                tds360

I stopped using FileMaker since version 12. Now I am back and started using Version 14. Did not release that the Classic Theme was removed. I tried saving the Classic Theme with no luck. Is there a way to do so?

I like using the Classic Theme for WebDirect publishing, it is clean and simple.

Thanks for your response. 

• 5. Re: Classic Theme
                  RickWhitelaw

I believe you could save it as a new theme.

• 6. Re: Classic Theme
                    Markus Schneider

dealing with themes is much improved under V14 (was under V13 as well). So, one can create an own theme that uses really less resources, is faster, has more display-options, etc.

'Classic' is done - I suggest to check out the new possibillities and study the methods for dealing with themes. Once, one has hisher own theme (or one of the existing ones - if it fits the needs/wishs), working with layouts is quite comfortable

(-: