1 Reply Latest reply on May 1, 2012 11:03 AM by TSGal

Clicking in scrolled portal row on startup of database in Go jumps to first portal row

weetbicks

Summary

Clicking in scrolled portal row on startup of database in Go jumps to first portal row

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

12.0v1

Operating system version

Mac 10.6.8

Description of the issue

I am building a small FileMaker Go application for iPhone and on the first layout there is a portal showing contacts. When the database first loads it does a startup script that runs some seemingly inoffensive script steps (eg hide status area, lock toolbars etc..) 

When the database first opens and I am presented with this portal, I can begin to scroll through it no problems (love this new FM12 feature of not having to "activate" a portal).  HOWEVER, as soon as I click on a portal row, it immediately jumps to the top of the portal to the first row. After that happens I am free to scroll again and click in any portal i wish. It is only on the very first time the database is opened that I experience this behavior.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Portal on a layout that is initial layout the database opens up on
      2. Open database in FileMaker Go (this is on iphone for me)
      3. Begin immediately scrolling the portal without clicking into it first - scrolling is fine
      4. Now try to click on a portal row, it jumps back to the top of portal

However once that very first time is done, it works fine for the duration of the rest of the session.

Expected result

I expect if I can scroll the portal on startup to any row, then I should be able to click on any row

Actual result

On startup it always jumps back to row #1 of the portal no questions asked.

Configuration information

running on iPhone 4

Workaround

I wish.