Summary

color picker from inspector staying on screen

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

windows 7

Description of the issue

Color picker not leaving after inspector closed!
      Layout working perfectly well below it

sderf.PNG

• 2. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
          philmodjunk

I was wondering why I had no record in the Known Bugs List database, but I see that while it has been reported, it has not been confirmed by a TS person as no one from FileMaker responded to the original post. sad

• 3. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
            shae1725

I stated in report I was using version 12.4!    Im on 12.3

• 4. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
              philmodjunk

There's an edit link that you can use to edit a message after you have posted it.

• 5. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
                TSGal

All:

Thank you for your posts, and I apologize for the late reply.

Our Development and Testing teams are aware of the issue of the color picker remaining on screen after returning to Browse Mode.  I have attached this forum thread to the original report.

TSGal
                     FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
                  philmodjunk

Since the original thread mentions the Mac OS, and this Windows, it would appear that the issue is with both platforms...

An Entry in the Known Bugs List has been linked to this Issue Report. Please post any comments/questions/suggested corrections here or in a new thread. Please do not post such comments to the Bugs List thread.

• 7. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
                    TSGal

shae newcombe:

I misread your original posting.  I CANNOT duplicate under Windows 7 nor XP.  I can only duplicate under Mac OS X (10.8 and 10.9).

I am unable to close the Inspector with the color picker present.  Once the color picker closes, I can close the Inspector.  Also, I cannot save the Layout or switch to Browse Mode with the color picker present.

If you can provide the exact steps you are taking, I will try to replicate the issue.

TSGal
                         FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
                      Fred(CH)

All :

IMHO, theses two threads are not talking about the same problem.

The other thread is talking about the Mac OS X "system color picker" that you can get if you choose "other color.." on the FileMaker color picker. Mac OS X color picker is the same for all apps, and it persist to display because it is a floating window. As you know, the floating windows are made topersist until the enduser close them. Obviously, FileMaker case is different because of its principe of Modes. And it is the reason why it was a bug anyways.

But here, we are talking about the FileMaker color picker. On the original screenshot, you can see the term "Other Color…".

Moreover, Shae states : 

Color picker not leaving after inspector closed!

Not means after returning back to Browse Mode, correct ?

Finally, i cannot replicate this specific issue. But Shae also said :

I stated in report I was using version 12.4!    Im on 12.3

I haven't 12.0v3 anymore on my Windows machine.

TSGal :

Were your windows tests made with FileMaker 12.0v3 or 12.0v4 ?

Bye, Fred

• 9. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
                        TSGal

Fred:

The tests were all performed with FileMaker Pro 12.0v4.

I'm having difficulty locating a version of FileMaker Pro 12 prior to v4.  When I come into the office later today, I will try it again.

TSGal
                             FileMaker, Inc.

• 10. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
                          TSGal

Fred (et al):

I just located a copy of FileMaker Pro 12.0v1, installed it on a Windows 7 machine.  I was still unable to replicate the problem.

I then updated to FileMaker Pro 12.0v3, and I'm still unable to replicate the issue.  Anytime the color picker is active, whether in the Inspector or from the Formatting Bar, I'm unable to return to Browse Mode without first closing the color picker.

TSGal
                               FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
                            Markus Schneider

many roads are leading to Rome..

- right-click in layout mode on a field (or whatever) -> color-picker has to be closed before entering browse mode

- selecting a field (or whatever) in layout mode, the choose a color from the inspector -> color-picker does not to be closed before entering browse mode

• 12. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
                              TSGal

markus schneider:

I'm still unable to replicate.  When I click a field (or object) in Layout Mode, and then choose a color from the inspector, the color picker closes.  If I then open the color picker again, I still cannot return to Browse Mode until the color picker is closed.

TSGal
                                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 13. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
                                philmodjunk

I just flipped into layout mode and did a little "tour" of the interface. I find 7 different controls that can deploy the same color picker:

Three in the text formatting tool bar:

Line color, fill color and text color

Four in the inspector

Line color, fill color, text color and text baseline color

Each deploys the same control as a popup linked to the control I clicked to deploy it. Each only persists so long as I do not change the focus to some other object on the layout. Clicking the close control on the Inspector closes the color picker instead of the Inspector. I have to click a second time, with the picker now closed to close the Inspector. The keyboard shortcut for closing the inspector does not work when the color picker is deployed. The keyboard shortcut for Browse mode also does not work so long as the color picker is deployed.

Thus, I cannot find a way on my Windows 7 machine to replicate this reported behavior.

• 14. Re: color picker from inspector staying on screen
                                  Markus Schneider

I got one with user defined colors (list), one with the color wheel - both custom colors. The one from the inspector stays open... 12.05, OSX 10.9

1 2 Previous Next