Product

FileMaker Server

Version

13.0v5

Operating system version

OSX 10.9.5

Description of the issue

Hello,
I’m running into 2 separate issues with my Filemaker Server solution.

Issue 1.  In Web Direct, the solution will randomly give a communication error in the middle of filling out a form and log the user out. The user is able to log back in immediately. The message is “Communication problem.  Take note of any unsaved data, and click here to continue. Invalid status code 0 (server down?)”

Issue 2. (In Web Direct) I have a script that creates a new record on layout enter. I will have 2 users on at the same time entering 2 different records (same layout). Occasionally, in the middle of User1 filling out a record, the record that User2 is currently working on will instantly appear on User1’s screen.

Our setup- A Mac Mini hosting the database to a Linksys wireless router on a closed network. Users access the solution with web direct over wireless.

Extra notes.; 
I haven’t run into either problem while remotely connected with FMP Advanced.
These issues seem to happen regardless of browser, but safari seems the most used by my users.
These issues seem to happen regardless of how many/few users are logged in. (Issue 2 will only happen if there is more than one user)
These issues seem to happen regardless of whether I’m making adjustments to the solution or not.
All recommended ports are open.
95% of the users are Mac 10.9 or 10.10. I don’t have enough data for those that have logged in with a Windows machine.
All users are within 10 meters of the wireless router
The hosting machine is not used for anything else.

Answers for questions asked in other forums;
Nothing abnormal in the Log viewer across all modules, however it does show the “closing database as user x” & “closing connection” followed by the usual messages for the same user logging back in.
Database server and web publishing is up and running
No screen saver or sleep mode on the server.

Any insights to why these issues might occur or what I can do to eliminate possibilities would be helpful.  If I can provide any more information that would be helpful to troubleshooting, please let me know.

Thanks,
Mike

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Communication problem.  Take note of any unsaved data, and click here to continue. Invalid status code 0 (server down?)

Configuration information

Filemaker Server 13.0v5 x64 (10 concurrent licences)
Java Version 8 Update 40 (Build 1.8.0_40-b25)
OSX 10.9.5
Mac 2.3 GHz Intel I7; Memory 16GB 1600MHz DDR3;
Linksys; EA2700

Communication_error.jpg

Outcomes