Summary

Compatibility with Syware Visual CE system

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Windows

Description of the issue

It is not a problem, as such with Filemaker product. It is a call for help to get something to work, which already has worked back in 2003 and that should be still working, if we would like to have Filemaker to play an important role relating to mobile devices.

Syware's (www.syware.com) has several mobile odbc connectors which maskes filemaker publishing on Windows mobiles a charm. But it doesn't work anymore. I think it is because there was a change in FM ODBC Sequel drive for Windows. I am using Visual CE and its developer has asked me to talk to you.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Technical information for the FileMaker Pro people:

(1) We are run the query
          select * from "estababelalegal" order by OID
      (2) We do SQLBindCol(1, SQL_C_LONG)
      (3) We do SQLBindCol(2, SQL_C_DOUBLE)
      (4) We do an SQLExtendedFetch(SQL_FETCH_NEXT)
      (5) We change the bound columns (I can't be absolutely sure which, but it is quite likely that the first column was changed...and that's the column it is ordering on)
      (6) We do a SQLSetPos(SQL_UPDATE) and we get the error "Invalid attribute/option identifier"

This works with other ODBC drivers, this worked with the older FileMaker ODBC Drivers

Expected result

To get odbc connection between a Windows CE Device and our Filemaker Server 11 Advanced. We can't get the connection to work.

Actual result

We get sttoped trying to import the template from the Filemaker table "estababelalegal".

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

[Filemaker][Filemaker]Invalid attribute/option identifier

Configuration information

Visual CE needs:
      1) the first column shall be called OID and be empty
      2) there should be a primary key

That is it.

Workaround

It looks like this is the result of a change made to the FileMakewr Pro ODBC driver since 2003.  You are going to have to ask the FileMaker Pro people what the error "[Filemaker][Filemaker]Invalid attribute/option identifier" means.  You might want to send them the SQL.LOG you sent me. You might want to send them the technical information I provided below.  Feel free to have them contact me directly if they want (drdeebee@syware.com, +1-617-497-1300).