1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 16, 2010 3:12 PM by TSGal

Conditional Formatting and Get ( RequestOmitState )

philmodjunk

Summary

Conditional Formatting and Get ( RequestOmitState )

Description of the issue

System Windows XPFilemaker 10v3, 11v1 advanced If I use Get ( WindowMode ) = 1 in a conditional format expression, I can change the text color/style of a button's text whenever the user enters find mode. I can thus show which buttons are functional in browse and which are functional in find modes by grerying out buttons that are currently "disabled". If I use Get ( RequestOmitState ) in a condtional format expression, I am unable to  change the text style/color. Instead, if the active request was an Omit request at the time I perform the find, the text changes color after I perform the find and return to browse mode. Monitorig the expression in the data viewer shows that this function does correctly change values in response to clicking "omit", but the conditional format fails to update, and worse updates incorrectly after the find is performed. This seems inconsistant and torpedoes an interface design scheme I was playing around with where text appeared to tell the user that the current request on a form view layout was an omit request even if the status area was hidden.

• 1. Re: Conditional Formatting and Get ( RequestOmitState )
          TSGal

PhilModJunk:

Thank you for your post.

I also receive the same results when using FileMaker Pro 11v1 on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Mac OS X 10.6.3.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  When I receive additional information for you, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.