Conneted via IWP: audit log from table 1 posts in field in table 2

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FileMaker 11  (hosted)

Operating system version

windows 7 ultimate

Description of the issue

I have used Filemaker since version 3 but mostly for me and my employers. I am new to IWP and using the program on a server platfrom and have encountered what I think is very odd behavior.

I have a databese hosted on the internet. It has several tables. Each table has an AUDITLOG field to track certain activity.

When working in the database via FM remote everything works as designed (or perhaps I should say as "intended" )

When entering data via browser to IWP, the AUDITLOG field from table 2 is populated with data from Table 1.

The AUGITLOG field for Table 1 looks like:

Evaluate (
      Quote (
      Table1_pk_Field & " | " &
      Get ( AccountName ) & " | " &
      Get ( CurrentTimeStamp ) & " | " &
      Get ( ActiveFieldName ) & " | " &
      Get ( ActiveFieldContents ) &
      "¶" &
      _AuditLog
      );
      [Table1_pk_Field; Table1_field2; Table1_field3 ])

The AUDITLOG Field for Table 2 is the same (but with table 2 fields of course).

How can changes made in table 1 fields appear in table 2's Audit logs?

This does not happen when modifying the records via FM Remote, only when using IWP in a browser.

Any ideas as to why or how to trap the problem to analyze it? If data can cross tables, how can I trust ANY data?

• 1. Re: Conneted via IWP: audit log from table 1 posts in field in table 2
          TSGal

Riley Waugh:

Thank you for your post.

I don't know why the information is not writing to the appropriate table.  Try saving the information from the Evaluate function into a new field.  This will allow you to verify the information is correct.  You may also want to include Get (LayoutTableName) to make sure you are referencing the correct Table.  Follow this with a Halt Script step until you determine where the problem lies.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.