5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2009 12:45 PM by TSGal

Console errors when Pro 9.0v3 launches

bdmsb

Summary

Console errors when Pro 9.0v3 launches

Description of the issue

I get hundreds (about 450) of identical console errors everytime version 9.0v3 launches. They are: 3-3-09 10:44:50 AM FileMaker Pro[11130] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x1d994330 of class DocWindow autoreleased with no pool in place - just leakingStack: (0x9648c73f 0x96398e32 0x463775 0x22766b 0x1b9717 0x1c1868 0x19380e 0x30f01 0x44c03 0x2f041 0x30cac 0x6e3c2 0x6e4cd 0x6bb8a 0x42b53 0x42bef 0x2f2bb 0x199151 0x38ea 0x3811)   MacPro, system 10.5.6 

• 1. Re: Console errors when Pro 9.0v3 launches
          TSGal

bdmsb:

Thank you for your post.

I have an iMac running 10.5.6.  I launch 9.0v3 and I do not receive any errors in the Console.app.  I know that doesn't help you, so let me ask you a few questions....

1. Do you have a startup script?  That is, under the File menu, select "File Options...".  Is the option checked for a startup script?  If so, what does the script do?

2. Do you have any other applications running at the time FileMaker Pro 9.0 is launched?  If so, what are they?

Any additional information you can provide that may help me narrow down the possible causes would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Console errors when Pro 9.0v3 launches
            bdmsb

You're right. It's not FileMaker that generates the errors, it's my job file. We've been running this program for about ten years and I never think about it's creation anymore. In fact, I have forgotten just about everything I knew about FileMaker programming from when I created this order entry program ten years ago.

Under File Options it says to log in to account "Admin" with a blank password. I have no idea what that's about.

It also says to perform the script "Update Today Field". When I look at this script, it says the Today function was removed in FileMaker Pro 7 and the Today field and the script were created by conversion.

• 3. Re: Console errors when Pro 9.0v3 launches
              TSGal

bdmsb:

Thank you for the additional information.

Every new database that is created is given an Admin account with a blank password.  This is normal.  If you uncheck this option, the next time you open the file, you will be prompted for an account name and password.  Every file needs an Admin account with full access privileges; even if you only plan to use it yourself.

Okay.  Now your startup script "Update Today Field".  Yes, the "Today" function was removed and replaced with the Get (CurrentDate) function.  You may want to look at your script and modify it.  In fact, you may not even need it.  This may help with the processing time, and it may help with the errors (although the errors you are receiving are strange to me).

Please continue to keep me updated if you continue to encounter errors.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Console errors when Pro 9.0v3 launches
                bdmsb

I continue to get the errors. But they do not appear to be associated with any script or even any database. I have learned that, if I open FMP and then open the database I get no errors. But if I ask the Finder to open the database (any database), which then launches FMP, the Console window shows hundreds of errors. In fact, if I run FileMaker, create a new database that is empty and has no records in it, exit FileMaker, and then launch the new empty database, I get hundreds of console errors:

3-5-09 12:11:22 PM FileMaker Pro[46351] *** _NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x1d99a3e0 of class DocWindow autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

Stack: (0x9648c73f 0x96398e32 0x463775 0x22766b 0x1b9717 0x1c1868 0x19380e 0x30f01 0x44c03 0x2f041 0x30cac 0x6e3c2 0x6e4cd 0x6bb8a 0x42b53 0x42bef 0x2f2bb 0x199151 0x38ea 0x3811) 

• 5. Re: Console errors when Pro 9.0v3 launches
                  TSGal

bdmsb:

Thanks for the clarification.  I am able to duplicate the problem with FileMaker Pro 9.  That is, if I launch FileMaker Pro and open a file, no problem.  However, double-clicking on the file (or in my case, dragging the database file onto the FileMaker Pro 9 application icon) generates "hundreds" of console messages.

If I do the same steps in FileMaker Pro 10, (when I double-click, it opens FileMaker Pro 10), there are no messages sent to the console.

I confirmed this behavior with our Testing department and they were aware of the problem and it was fixed in FileMaker Pro 10.  These console messages do not affect the performance of Filemaker Pro 9.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.