Container External Storage

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

windows 7 64 bit

Description of the issue

Hi.
      Not sure if this is server or client related.
      When I try to drag or import into a container I get the message "Cannot write file to the external storage"
      I have created a 2 databases one of which is just for containers and I have added a container field called document to both. Neither will work. The storage path is (hosted location)/Files/fm 12 wsheet/ with open storage at "fm 12 wsheet/document and secure storage on the other.
      When I look at manage containers the path is the same with new /edit / delete etc. greyed out.
      Any ideas please.
      Thanks Mike

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

Cannot write file to the external storage

• 1. Re: Container External Storage
          james_quiggins

Mike W:

Thank you for posting.

If I understand correctly you are able to store the container data locally in the database but not externally?

Have you tried multiple locations and databases?

If possible, create a new database and new folder on the desktop and attempt to use it to store external container data. 

TSwildcat,

FileMaker Inc. 

• 2. Re: Container External Storage
            mwesuk

Hi

Thanks for you input

Yes it works great for local storage but I get the error 852 when I try to transfer the data to external. This was a previous local stored database that I converted to fm12 and added uploaded to fm server 12. The server is a new instalation.

Ive done like you suggested and created a new database with a container field and that transfers to external storage perfectly OK.

The difference I can see is that the new database shows the path as (database location)/files etc instead of (hosted location) etc.

I cant find a way though to edit the path.

Thanks

Mike