cprryan

Summary

Container Fields not working on iOS 8.1.2

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Filemaker go 13

Description of the issue

I have a few ipads running a simple database with container fields that we can add pictures or signatures to.  On the only ipad with iOS 8, the container fields are not prompting to add a signature or picture or anything?  Not sure if it is a setting on the ipad or the database or if this is just a bug that is being worked out?  Any help would be appreciated.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Container field on new ipad

Expected result

to have the "import" "audio, signature, photo..." popup box appear again like it always has

Actual result

nothing pops up or asks to import, if you continue to tap the container field it pops up the "paste"

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no error message

Workaround

haven't found any yet. If I put a signature in on another ipad on the database, I can go to the new ipad and the popup comes up to "replace" and then I can add a signature  or photo...

• 1. Re: Container Fields not working on iOS 8.1.2
          TSGal

Ryan White:

Thank you for your post.

On the iPad with iOS 8.1.2, launch FileMaker Go 13.0v8, tap "Device" in the left column, and open "Assets" (pre-loaded with FileMaker Go 13).  Tap the "+" icon in the upper right corner to add a record, and then tap the picture icon in the top half of the screen.  Do you get the "Import" window with the option for "Camera", "Audio", "Signature", etc.?  If not, close the file, exit FileMaker Go, and reboot the iPad.  Once rebooted, launch FileMaker Go and try again.  If this still fails, reinstall FileMaker Go 13.0v8.

Keep me updated with any progress.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Container Fields not working on iOS 8.1.2
            ericlam

hi:

I'm running into the same problem and seems like this did not solve it.

Device: IPAD mini (I tired Ipod and Iphone and it works completely fine, this is an IPAD only problem)

Product: filemaker go 12.0.8

Seems like the only workaround will be copying and paste some simple characters. The second time clicking on a filled container it will be able to replace field contents.

Please let me know if there is a solution to it. Is it OS related or filemaker go version related? its frustrating

thanks

• 3. Re: Container Fields not working on iOS 8.1.2
              TSGal

eric lam:

Thank you for your post.

FileMaker Go 12 is not supported under iOS 8; only FileMaker Go 13.

With that said, I installed FileMaker Go 12 onto an iPad 3 running iOS 8.3.  Using FileMaker Pro 13, I created a test database file with a Container field, closed it, and moved the file over to the iPad 3.  When I open the file in FileMaker Go 12 and add a record, I am unable to insert any image file into the Container field.

I moved the same database file from the Mac into the FileMaker Go 13 work area, opened the file in FileMaker Go 13, added a record and I was able to insert a picture into the Container field.

Is there a reason why you are not using FileMaker Go 13?

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: Container Fields not working on iOS 8.1.2
                ericlam

I'm currently running on filemaker server 12. Tested out the filemaker go 13 and it seemed preform badly on the forms i created. There are also more bugs than 12.

I have created a few portals with containers on the same page.

-Somehow it does not sync with the server, not until the user goes to another record.

-Some certain container fields cannot be inserted with photos. neither the camera or camera roll (it used to work perfectly when it was on IOS6 and filemaker go v12.0.2)

Any solutions to this?

thanks 

• 5. Re: Container Fields not working on iOS 8.1.2
                  TSGal

eric lam:

At this time, there are no plans to revisit FileMaker Go 12 to make it compatible with iOS 8.

TSGal
                  FileMaker, Inc.