Conversion 7 to 12 problem with relations

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0v.3

Operating system version

Mac 0s 10.8

Description of the issue

We have several maintenance databases hosed by one file in version 7and version 11.
      They worked fine until converted to version 12.
      We followed all the suggested steps. It keeps showing dialogs on not being able to find files.
      We connect them and they show correctly on the Relationships, scripts and external databases. They work fine with out the host.
      The host file simply opens all the files by performing open script from each file.
      I checked all of those scripts and they are fine too.
      Any suggestions?
      Thanks,
      Carol

Steps to reproduce the problem

I want to add to this post, correction. It is not just the one file called Host (that opens all other files). Each file that is related to another can't find the file even though I keep making sure the relation is there. It looses it each time I quit!

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

This operation could not be completed because a require data source is missing.

The file "Buildings" could not be opened (not found)

Yet they are able to open the files anyways.

• 1. Re: Conversion 7 to 12 problem with relations
          philmodjunk

These are not relationship problems. They are problems with external data source references.

It sounds like either the name of some of your files have been changed or their location--possibly their location relative to another file in your system, has changed. Even a change in the name of a folder containing one or more of your files might be responsible.

Open Manage | External Data Sources and use the entries there to make sure that each External data Source reference is valid. You may want to delete all the text inside eachof these references and use Add file to find and connect to the correct file.

Since you have multiple files, you'll need to do this in each file where you get this error.

Good luck. The external data source references in these older files are often a real mess.