3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2009 11:21 AM by TSGal

Converted Fp5 files are immediately not recoverable in FM10.

omaxme

Summary

Converted Fp5 files are immediately not recoverable in FM10.

Description of the issue

Try this. With OSX 10.4 Find the 'Integrated solution' in the FM4 installer disc tempaltes folder. Convert in FM10 to fp7 format and tehn try to recover. You are informed of error in the files. Yet, the files recover fine in FM9.

• 1. Re: Converted Fp5 files are immediately not recoverable in FM10.
          TSGal

omaxme:

Thank you for your post.

I'm having difficulty obtaining a copy of FileMaker Pro 4, so I am unable to try it.

After the recover in FileMaker Pro 10, does the recovered file fail to open?  Any other information you can provide would be helpful.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Converted Fp5 files are immediately not recoverable in FM10.
            omaxme

I'll send you thsose files if you wish.

You ask: After the recover in FileMaker Pro 10, does the recovered file fail to open?

No just reported as damaged in the recover.

But, are they? Reason I ask is because I had a problem adn was doing soem digging as a result of my other posts, (about the disk space alert). I came acroos thsi problem (Re: Converted Fp5 files are immediately not recoverable in FM10.) migrating FM6 files in FM10A. So went back to the root files i had made the FM6 files from (FM4installer disc "Integrated Solution")  and got the same issue. ie it was not my FM6 files that are iffy, but the FM4 inegrated Soution files.

In fact as I write this I never did solve the whole issue. Back using FM6.

• 3. Re: Converted Fp5 files are immediately not recoverable in FM10.
              TSGal

omaxme:

Yes, you can send me the files.  I have sent you a private message (top of this page - right side - X Messages) with instructions where to send the files.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.