I am unable to replicate the freeze using FileMaker Pro 14.0.1 (64-bit) under Windows 8.1. This is what I have done:
1. I created a new database file "TEST" with one Text field "Name".
2. I created one record and entered "TSGal"
3. In Layout Mode, I created a button that executes a single step "Show Custom Dialog".
4. In Browse Mode, I made sure the button worked (it did).
5. I created a script "Show Dialog" with one script step "Show Custom Dialog".
6. I tested the script, and it worked as expected.
7. In Layout Mode, I changed the button from Single Step to Perform Script, and assigned it the script "Show Dialog".
8. I returned to Browse mode, clicked the button, and the script performed as expected.
Let me know what I'm doing differently than you.
Also, try the above steps with a new database file, in case there is something causing the issue in the original file.
Hi Thanks for your answer. I've now found the problem....
When I pressed the "Convert to Script" button, it was opening up a dialog box off screen!! I used my keyboad to maipulate it back on screen and everything is now A OK....
Thanks for your suggestion...
There's an option to reset dialog and window positions in FileMaker 14 preferences that you might find useful should this recur in the future.
Great! I'll make a note of that