1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 25, 2014 10:57 AM by TSGal

Converting older files (FileMaker 1-3) when trials (FileMaker 6) have expired

GDVUser

Summary

Converting older files (FileMaker 1-3) when trials (FileMaker 6) have expired

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Win7 x64

Description of the issue

We are told that to convert fp3 files to download Filemaker Pro 6 Trial. I did that and it worked great. Now I need to do it again (new user files) and I get "Trial Expired."

(Copied from http://forums.filemaker.com/posts/41991604b9, but there was no correct answer for me)

I have gdv and fp3 files and would use them with newest FileMaker Software.

It issnt possible because the FileMaker 6 said the following message.

"This trial version of FileMaker Pro has expired.
      Click "Buy Now" to upgrade to a full version of FileMaker Pro."

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. Download FileMaker 6 Trial from http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10571/~/converting-files-to-filemaker-pro-13-(.fmp12)
      2. Install.
      3. Start.

Expected result

Opened window with FileMaker 6 trial.

Actual result

Opened error message with "This trial version of FileMaker Pro has expired.
      Click "Buy Now" to upgrade to a full version of FileMaker Pro."

Unbenannt.png

• 1. Re: Converting older files (FileMaker 1-3) when trials (FileMaker 6) have expired
          TSGal

GDV User:

Thank you for your post.

Your FileMaker Pro 6 Trial is only good for 30 days.  After 30 days, the trial is over and you are prompted to purchase the product.

One option is to install FileMaker Pro 6 Trial on another machine, and you will have another 30 days to transfer files.  If another file isn't available to you, then you can send in your file, and I'll move it over to FileMaker Pro 13 for you.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.