8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2015 1:30 PM by TSGal

Copy and Paste from keyboard stop working ( MAC OS 10)

RaulDeArriz

Summary

Copy and Paste from keyboard stop working ( MAC OS 10)

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Description of the issue

Copy and Paste from keyboard stop working  FM 14 ( under Mac OS 10.9 )

Basically after use for a while copy and paste command c and command v stop working

they still work form menu

Steps to reproduce the problem

use for a while and it will stop workings

Expected result

command c and command v stop working form keyboard

Actual result

command c and command v stop working form keyboard

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

No messages

Workaround

menu use - reboot filemaker

• 1. Re: Copy and Paste from keyboard stop working ( MAC OS 10)
          TSGal

Raul De Arriz:

Thank you for your post.

Can you be a little more specific about "after use for a while".  Is this two hours?  Two days?

Are you copying and pasting text?  Objects?

Do you have any plug-ins installed?

Do you have any other applications open?  If so, what are they?

Any other information you can provide may be helpful in replicating the issue.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Copy and Paste from keyboard stop working ( MAC OS 10)
            skye

Have been noticing the same thing in FM14.  Sometimes Cut, Copy or Paste don't work.  Highlighting looks correct, but keyboard commands don't seem to function when you assume that you either have something on the Clipboard, or should see a Paste form the Clipboard.  Cut does nothing.  Works from the menu.

I have yet to pinpoint at what time or change it seems to work again, or why it stops in the fist place.  Annoying and inconsistent.

All cases are with text or number fields, no plug-ins are being used, other applications may be in use (i'll watch for this next time).

B Skye

QLynq

• 3. Re: Copy and Paste from keyboard stop working ( MAC OS 10)
              Shellcaster

We have had the same issue since updating to FM14.

All our machines are Macs running FMPro 14.0.3 on OSX10.10.4 or 10.11. The issue is reproducible on all 12 computers. For us the issue occurs after a print dialog box is used. Eg: cmd-C, cmd-V etc. work fine. Print from either the File menu, cmd-P or a script and cmd-C, etc. no longer work.

Clicking on the Edit menu (without even selecting an option for the dropdown list) re-enables the command keys until the next time you print.

Can anyone else who is having this issue confirm that that the above is reproducible on their computer?

• 4. Re: Copy and Paste from keyboard stop working ( MAC OS 10)
                stephensexton

I can say that I have also experienced problems with copy and paste... simply copying text inside and field, and trying to paste somewhere else in the same field would no longer work.  It seemed to remember an earlier copied item and pasted that instead.  After rebooting my computer, it seems to be ok.  I am unable to reproduce the error now by printing.  When/If it recurs, I will try clicking on Edit menu to see if it fixes it.

• 5. Re: Copy and Paste from keyboard stop working ( MAC OS 10)
                  TSGal

All:

This has been an issue since Mac OS X 10.9 was introduced.  Generally, the command-L (Layout Mode) keyboard shortcut becomes inactive, and we have also seen this behavior happen with sort, copy, and paste keyboard shortcuts.  The menu commands continue to work, and if you notice, the keyboard shortcut next to the menu command no longer appears.  This issue did not occur under Mac OS X 10.8 and earlier.

This issue has been reported to Apple, and we are working with Apple to find a resolution.

I have attached this entire forum thread to the original report.  When more information becomes available, I will post again.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: Copy and Paste from keyboard stop working ( MAC OS 10)
                    Benjamin Fehr

is there anybody at all who can replicate this with most current Mac OSX 10.11?

• 7. Re: Copy and Paste from keyboard stop working ( MAC OS 10)
                      pruppert

I am also losing keyboard shortcuts for pasting described in this thread. This is on FileMaker Pro Advanced 14.0.4 on OS X 10.11.1.

Similar to Shellcaster above, this problem occurs EVERY TIME after I print something. Clicking on the Edit button in the menu bar does immediately fix the problem.

This problem does not occur in any other application. Perhaps a reconsideration that this may be a Filemaker bug and not an OS X bug is due?

• 8. Re: Copy and Paste from keyboard stop working ( MAC OS 10)
                        TSGal

pruppert:

I have also attached your comments to the original report.

The issue was first discovered under Mac OS X 10.9.  The issue does not occur under Mac OS X 10.8 and earlier.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.