1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 6, 2013 9:58 AM by philmodjunk

Copy and Pasting using a script to create a new record using existing customer data

ArronWass

Summary

Copy and Pasting using a script to create a new record using existing customer data

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

12.0V4

Operating system version

Windows 7 Pro 64Bit

Description of the issue

Please forgive me for my basic knowledge of the system.

The scenario I have is that we have a business that sells refurbished mobile phones but also repair them too, Id like like to have an easy way of extracting the data from one database if a product is returned for a repair then enter it into a separate database which controls repairs.

My original intention was to simply have a script that ran from the stock/sales database which would switch to repairs, create a new record and then simply copy/paste the 5-10 pieces of customer data into the new record.

For every variation I've tried all I seem to achieve is that the new record is created but there is no error at any point to diagnose where the issue is?

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

NONE

Workaround

As a test I created a 3 copy scripts within the stock database and 3 paste within repairs then in stock I created another one to manage them by being in one database then running a copy flicking to another database then running a paste script.

Although this was a very messy solution it seemed to be working, is there not a cleaner way within just one script that can complete this action?

FMPro_paste_issue.png