6 Replies Latest reply on Mar 3, 2015 6:10 AM by TSGal

Copy Paste Field in Same Layout or other Other Layout Loses "Specify Field" Linkage

AlyDewji

Summary

Copy Paste Field in Same Layout or other Other Layout Loses "Specify Field" Linkage

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Advanced 13.0v5

Operating system version

Windows 8.1 / Surface Pro

Description of the issue

This issue is a developers nightmare. 

Every time I try to copy and paste a field from a layout to the same layout (ie to duplicate a field), the new copied version of the field loses all linkage to the original table.  I have not changed the table or the layout linkage, I have simply copy pasted a field right under itself.  (see screenshot).

This problem further permeates when I have multiple fields that are grouped that I copy and paste.  I have to break the "hide object if" and then break the group, then double click each field and re specify their linkage, then regroup, and then apply a "hide object if...".

When I copy and paste an entire portal, the new portal that is pasted is linked correctly, but all the fields inside the portal are broken.

This is really frustrating and annoying.

Steps to reproduce the problem

I have uninstalled FM Pro Advanced and re installed it.  I have updated it.  No change.  However, if i duplicate the entire layout, the new duplicated layout does not loose any links.

Workaround

Have not found any.

FM_Error_Step_2.PNG