Copy PDF text broken

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11.0v2

Operating system version

Windows XP Professional SP2

Description of the issue

In all prior versions, we could print scripts to PDF and then the text would all be available for copy/paste.  In vs. 11, it only allows me to copy comments - all specific script steps are no longer available.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Find a script with comments and also script steps (it doesn't matter which script steps).  Print to PDF then try to drag select all of the script or even Edit > Select All.

YOu will only be able to grab the comments.

Expected result

We should be able to copy all of the text.  When saving as Word.doc, the comments are text and the script steps themselves are graphics.

Actual result

We are using Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.1.3.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

However FMI is sending this information to PDF needs to be fixed so it can be grabbed when PDF.

Workaround

None that I have found yet.

• 1. Re: Copy PDF text broken
          5104919325FTN

With "PDF Machine", it goes well ...

Maybe with "PDF Creator" too, I didn't try, but why not ...

• 2. Re: Copy PDF text broken
            LaRetta_1

Hi :^)  Thank you!

It is frustrating when it works in prior versions of FM (on this machine).  I used to use CutePDFprinter (I think was its name) years ago.  However, something more is going on because it works on a different machine of mine (supposedly configured the same).  I will study the issue further but I am curious if anyone else has experienced this problem.

• 3. Re: Copy PDF text broken
              5104919325FTN

Maybe a font problem:

Maybe the font used from FileMaker for the comments is an other than the used font for the scriptsteps.

And the one would be rendered as a grafic, the other not ...

Some specific Acrobat feature, depending of the quality chosen or the version used?

I had a nice holiday, I hope, you too :-)