AnsweredAssumed Answered

Copying grouped objects - causing "corruption"

Question asked by user14360 on Jan 23, 2010
Latest reply on Feb 3, 2010 by RickWhitelaw

Summary

Copying grouped objects - causing "corruption"

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced Operating System(s) involved:Mac OS 10.6.2 Detailed description of the issue: Problems with copying items that have been grouped. I have been having trouble with a file, with it repeatedly reporting something "damaged" about the file.  On recovery of the file, it usually comes down to a particular layout.  I have found a pattern.   It always reports the problem after I have copied items that have been grouped together from one layout to another layout.  Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Create layout objects 2.  Group them 3. Copy them to another layout 4.  Recover the file (either by the file prompting you, or by you doing it for some other reason) 5.  File reports problem. 6.  Log shows problem with the grouped objects which I copied.  Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:None appear when copying, but problems with the database file occur after that, either by it crashing regularly, or it closing and telling you the file is damaged, or you don't necessarily know about it for a while. Any workarounds that you have found:If I ungroup the objects before copying, the issue doesn't seem to occur.

Outcomes