AnsweredAssumed Answered

Copying script steps is buggy as hell - half the time, it only pastes part of the script

Question asked by StevieP on Aug 20, 2015
Latest reply on Aug 21, 2015 by TSGal

Summary

Copying script steps is buggy as hell - half the time, it only pastes part of the script

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

14 Advanced

Operating system version

Windows 8.1

Description of the issue

When I select a range of script steps, it often refuses to select specific lines but somehow selects more or less lines than I want to.

On top of that, when I copy the lines and try to paste them, more often than not, it only pastes half or even less of the lines meaning I have to copy and paste bit by bit, severely increasing the risk of errors in my script.

But that's not all! Every other time, when I click on a script line, it JUMPS and moves the line within the script to a random location inside that script meaning I got to crawl through hundreds of lines to find where it deposited the line.

In short: the entire new script window is a giant mess for larger scripts. It's severely buggy and I hope you quickly fix this problem. Since the same happens on other workstations running FM14 this is not a single computer issue.

Steps to reproduce the problem

See above

Expected result

See above

Actual result

See above

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N.A.

Workaround

None. Whatever I do, these bugs happen all the time

Outcomes