4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2015 10:39 AM by TSGal

Copying script steps is buggy as hell - half the time, it only pastes part of the script

StevieP

Summary

Copying script steps is buggy as hell - half the time, it only pastes part of the script

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

14 Advanced

Operating system version

Windows 8.1

Description of the issue

When I select a range of script steps, it often refuses to select specific lines but somehow selects more or less lines than I want to.

On top of that, when I copy the lines and try to paste them, more often than not, it only pastes half or even less of the lines meaning I have to copy and paste bit by bit, severely increasing the risk of errors in my script.

But that's not all! Every other time, when I click on a script line, it JUMPS and moves the line within the script to a random location inside that script meaning I got to crawl through hundreds of lines to find where it deposited the line.

In short: the entire new script window is a giant mess for larger scripts. It's severely buggy and I hope you quickly fix this problem. Since the same happens on other workstations running FM14 this is not a single computer issue.

Steps to reproduce the problem

See above

Expected result

See above

Actual result

See above

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N.A.

Workaround

None. Whatever I do, these bugs happen all the time