AnsweredAssumed Answered

CPU USAGE FOR FM Web Publishing tread takes 95 to 100% CPU, IWP not responding, FM Pro OK, I get by...

Question asked by chuy on Jun 10, 2011
Latest reply on Jul 14, 2011 by ChristianMillet

Summary

CPU USAGE FOR FM Web Publishing tread takes 95 to 100% CPU, IWP not responding, FM Pro OK, I get by email the following:  --  Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING.

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

FMSA 11.0.3.309

Operating system version

macOS X server 10.6.7, fully updated

Description of the issue

CPU USAGE FOR "FM Web Publishing" tread takes 95 to 100% CPU, IWP not responding, FM Pro OK, I get by email the following:  --  Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING. 

I have
-MacOS X server 10.6.7,
-Latest FMSA 11.0.3.309, installed previous version and upgraded (more than 20 days ago)
-Single server deployment
-Local IP number (non public)
-Https active with self signed certificate
-Used Active directory for 2 months, but then changed to NON EXTERNAL authentication 20 days ago

It had been in operation for months, and this issue started to happen yesterday, I know last update to server was the security updates, but a few days ago.

I reinstall the server and works for a while, but then it just stops responding, FM Pro users are unaffected.

If I restart the server, it works for several minutes to half an hour, and stops responding

When I reinstalled i did the following

1)backcup Data folder
2)execute remove FM from installer
3)Delete library/fm folder
4)install FMA from installer, since it is the 11.0X (that cant launch FMadmin console), it fails before entering
5)Install latest Upgrade, enter the console by IP xxxx:160000, and configure
6)I have a local IP number (intranet) a certificate (locally generated) and has worked since december

my solution uses FM Pro on some users, IWP on all others, ODBC for some reports.

on the wizard it allways fails on first try, then I configure port for https, and select HTTPS on the radio button, passes the test, and finishes OK

7) The DBases are loaded trough the console, NOT BY drag and drop to fm folder

ALSO MY CPU USAGE FOR FM Web Publishing tread takes 95 to 100% CPU

and get by email the following:

----------------------------------

Some problems were detected in the WPE COMPONENT: COMPONENT IS NOT RESPONDING.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Restart, everything OK, few minutes latter IWP does not respond
Reinstall same thing again
Clear Java Cache (suggestion from a web site), same thing again

Workaround

NO WORK AROUND, URGENT SOLUTION REQUIRED

Outcomes