Summary

crash on export

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows 7

Description of the issue

When exporting records that are stored in an external file as well as data related to those records, FileMaker consistently crashes.

Steps to reproduce the problem

create a file with two tables related to each other. Create a second file and add the two tables from the other file to the schema. Export records from one table and related data.

Expected result

exported records

Actual result

FileMaker crashes

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

doesn't get that far; just dies

Workaround

The records must be exported from within the file where the database is defined. Unfortunately, this hampers data separation.

• 1. Re: crash on export
          TSGal

Michael Rhodes:

Thank you for your post.

I don't have immediate access to a Windows 7 computer, but I was unable to replicate the problem on a Windows XP (SP3) machine with FileMaker Pro 11v2.  This is what I did...

I created a database file, local.fp7, with two tables: local and local2.  I related them by a text field "ID".

I created a second database file, external.fp7, and added the text field "ID".  I added local and local2 to the relationship graph and related them all by "ID".  In the export dialog box, I include the fields from local and local2, and I am successful with the export.

Do you have access to another Windows machine not running Windows 7?  Or, can you provide more detail in your instructions so I can try to replicate the problem easier when I do have access to a Windows 7 machine?

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.