4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 3, 2009 6:26 AM by TSGal

crash when attempting to insert picture (while searching in dialog)

billworld

Summary

crash when attempting to insert picture (while searching in dialog)

Description of the issue

0. Mac OS X 10.5.6 with FMPA9 or FMPA101. Fresh database with container field2. Select Insert Picture3. Within dialog, search for an image file you know exists while in list view within the Mac OS X dialog prompt; make sure to get a found set with a good number of matches4. When item is found, click on icon to view the dialog window in icon view and then double-click on a legitimate image file5. FMPA spinning wheel occurs for a few seconds then FMPA crashes.

• 1. Re: crash when attempting to insert picture (while searching in dialog)
          TSGal

billworld:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I cannot duplicate the problem using FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced.  Then again, I'm having difficulty with step #4.  When I find the item and click on it, the icon shows on top with the Name, Size, Kind, Created, Modified, Last Opened and Dimensions appearing below it.  I then click on icon view, and all the files appear as icons.  My JPG files all show a picture.  When I double-click on any of them, the image inserts into the Container field without incident.

What kind of Container object are you trying to insert?  I will do my best here to duplicate the problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: crash when attempting to insert picture (while searching in dialog)
            billworld
               Hmmm interesting. It may have something to do with the image type. I just tried again selecting a .TIF and it came in okay. Then I went back and did it again this time selecting a .PNG with alpha chan (as I had done before) and the problem occurred again. So, I've narrowed it down to at LEAST that image type presenting the problem.
            • 3. Re: crash when attempting to insert picture (while searching in dialog)
              TSGal

billworld:

Thank you for your help researching this issue.

Unfortunately, I only have one PNG file, and it does not have alpha-channel transparency.  Do you have a file that I can test?  I have sent you a private message (top of this screen - right side - just below the blue bar - X Messages) with instructions where to send the file.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: crash when attempting to insert picture (while searching in dialog)
                TSGal

billworld:

I received your PNG file.  Unfortunately, I was unable to duplicate the problem.  This is what I did.

On my iMac running OS X 10.5.6, I launched FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced and created a database file "Container.fp7" with the following two fields:

Name (Text)

Container (Container)

I entered two records:

Name: TSGal

Name: billworld

I performed a Find for Name = TSGal

With the one record found, I clicked in the container field, pulled down the Insert menu and selected "Picture...".  I located the folder where your "window_error_24" PNG file was located, switched to icon view and double-clicked the image.  No problem.

I quit FileMaker Pro 10 Advanced, launched FileMaker Pro 9 Advanced, and opened Container.fp7.

I performed a Find for Name = billworld

With the other record now found, I clicked in the container field, pulled down the Insert menu and select "Picture...".  Now, my listing of files is already in icon view, so I found the "window_error_24" file, double-clicked it and the picture displays in the container field without incident.

Let me know what I am doing different than you, and I'll try to duplicate the problem, EXACTLY.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.