AnsweredAssumed Answered

Crash when connecting to external MS SQL Table

Question asked by gazzer82 on Mar 23, 2010
Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 by TSGal

Summary

Crash when connecting to external MS SQL Table

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 11.0v1 Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.6.2MS SQL Server 2008 on Server 2008 X64Detailed description of the issue:  am currently evaluating your MS SQL ODBC component on OSX 10.6.2 using filemaker pro11 to connect to an MS SQL Server 2008.I am having issues listing a particular table, whenever i attempt to open it it causes Filemake to crash out. This happens when i try to browse the table directly when i am in the layout table view, and also when i am using it in a relationship with another database.Is this a know bug and is there a resolution to it? I am currently evaluating connecting to our MS SQL 2008 Server via the ODBC component.I am having issues listing a particular table, whenever i attempt to open it it causes Filemake to crash out. This happens when i try to browse the table directly when i am in the layout table view, and also when i am using it in a relationship with another database.Is this a know bug and is there a resolution to it? Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Create a database2.  File > Manage > Databases > Relationships > Add SQL Table storing authentication3.  Choose ok and close the Databases window4.  In Browse Mode/Table View 5. Change Layout to problem table 7. Filemaker will now crash out, writing an error message. Expected Result:The window to display the appropriate records for the table. Actual Result:Application crashes back to the desktop Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:1.  I have tried with other tables and the problem does not exist2.  I have tried accessing the problem table directly in the SQL Admin Console and also in Excel without an issue. Any workarounds that you have found:None - Crashes every time. Help greatly appreciated as this has very much stopped me in my tracks!

Outcomes