3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 24, 2010 9:31 AM by TSGal

Crash when connecting to external MS SQL Table

gazzer82

Summary

Crash when connecting to external MS SQL Table

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro 11.0v1 Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.6.2MS SQL Server 2008 on Server 2008 X64Detailed description of the issue:  am currently evaluating your MS SQL ODBC component on OSX 10.6.2 using filemaker pro11 to connect to an MS SQL Server 2008.I am having issues listing a particular table, whenever i attempt to open it it causes Filemake to crash out. This happens when i try to browse the table directly when i am in the layout table view, and also when i am using it in a relationship with another database.Is this a know bug and is there a resolution to it? I am currently evaluating connecting to our MS SQL 2008 Server via the ODBC component.I am having issues listing a particular table, whenever i attempt to open it it causes Filemake to crash out. This happens when i try to browse the table directly when i am in the layout table view, and also when i am using it in a relationship with another database.Is this a know bug and is there a resolution to it? Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Create a database2.  File > Manage > Databases > Relationships > Add SQL Table storing authentication3.  Choose ok and close the Databases window4.  In Browse Mode/Table View 5. Change Layout to problem table 7. Filemaker will now crash out, writing an error message. Expected Result:The window to display the appropriate records for the table. Actual Result:Application crashes back to the desktop Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:1.  I have tried with other tables and the problem does not exist2.  I have tried accessing the problem table directly in the SQL Admin Console and also in Excel without an issue. Any workarounds that you have found:None - Crashes every time. Help greatly appreciated as this has very much stopped me in my tracks!