Crash when Value List from another file is not found

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v1

Operating system version

Windows 7 Pro

Description of the issue

Filemaker hangs/crashes when it cannot find a referenced Value List from another file.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Build a Filemaker database file ("B") and create a Value List ("test" or similar). Save/close "B"

Build a Filemaker database file ("A") then navigate to "File" -> "Manage" -> "Value Lists" and add a new Value List, from another file ("B", "test"). Save/close "A."

Delete or move "B" to another directory, or rename file "B" to "C"

Open file "A", navigate to "File" -> "Manage" -> "Value Lists" ; Filemaker will hang/crash.

Expected result

Not to crash.

Actual result

Filemaker crashes.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

See attached.

Workaround

I have to either find the old file and rename it or move it back, or if it has been deleted, build a new file with the same old file name and same value list name.

error.JPG

• 1. Re: Crash when Value List from another file is not found
          TSGal

Dan Wait:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the issue using FileMaker Pro 13.0v1 under Windows 7.

I followed your steps, and after I rename B to C, when I open A, I immediately get an error message "The file "B.fmp12" could not be opened (not found)".  When I click OK, an Open File dialog box opens to locate B.fmp12.  I click Cancel, and A opens.  If I then go to Manage Value Lists, the Value List "From B" is listed, but it does list <File Missing>.  (See screen shot below).  I am unable to make this crash.

Let me know what other steps I need to take to replicate the issue.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.