Crashes on Add Leading Group By in Table View

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

12 Server Advanced

Operating system version

Server 2004 R2 2gb Ram

Description of the issue

Crashes on Add Leading Group By in Table View in at least 5 of my 20 databases.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Select Add Leading Group By

Expected result

Grouping by selection

Actual result

FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

FileMaker Pro Advanced.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost.

Please Tell Microsoft about this problem.
      We have creaded an error report that you can send to us. We will treat this report as confidential and anonymous.

Configuration information

Client machine - xp version 2002 sp3 running File Maker Pro 12 Advanced connecting to File Maker Pro 12 Advanced Server. The Server is Server 2003 R2 2GB RAM

Workaround

None

crashes_after_this_is_selected.jpg

• 1. Re: Crashes on Add Leading Group By in Table View
          TSGal

Tom Earnheart:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem with FileMaker Server 12 running on Windows 2003 Server, and access by FileMaker Pro clients on Mac OS X 10.7.3 and Windows XP (SP3).

If you download the file locally to the client machine, are you able to select "Add Leading Group by St"?  If so, host the file in FileMaker Pro 12 and have one of the other machines access the file.  Does this work?

Do you have full access to the hosted file?

I'm aware this occurs on 5 of your 20 databases, so anything you can tell me about the differences between those 5 files from the other 15, no matter how minute, may be helpful in reproducing the error.

TSGal
          FileMaker, INc.

• 2. Re: Crashes on Add Leading Group By in Table View
            TomEarnheart

It does work like it is supposed to on any other machine expect mine Locally or Remote.  So I must have a desktop problem.

I have full admin rights to my desktop and full admin rights on the server. However, after checking the log on the server there are many authentication errors. This is odd. I verified this with my IT department.

I only check 5 of the 20 databases so my assumption was that they would all react the same.

I think I need a new image or machine.

Thanks for your help.