1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 26, 2010 12:03 PM by philmodjunk

create a data base where i have a customer list with unique products that only show for that...

BlazeMammarella

Summary

create a data base where i have a customer list with unique products that only show for that customer

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

windows 7

Description of the issue

need a data base that has xxx number of customers and a secondary data base that only keeps data for that customer.  if i were to go to say customer 3 then the layouts would only show the secondary data base for that customer. If i were to print say invoices then only invoices for that customer would print. also want specific information like customer number to also print only on the records for that customer.

Steps to reproduce the problem

cannot figure out how to do it

• 1. Re: create a data base where i have a customer list with unique products that only show for that...
          philmodjunk

Did you see the notice at the top of the form you filled out to submit this message to the forum that this section is for posting potential bug reports?

The FileMaker Pro forum is intended to help people with questions like yours. Next time you have a question, click that tab at the top of your screen first before posting your question and you'll get quicker responses.

Sounds like you need to learn more about how FileMaker works--there are books and tutorials available.

What you describe as a "secondary database" is just another table you can define in the same file. You can then link the tables in relationships, to link a given customer record in the customer table to all their invoice records in the invoice table to give one example.

With two related tables, you can use a portal to display related data in a scrolling window. There are also ways to set up buttons and scripts that find the related records and display them in a layout for review and/or printing.