creating charts

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

OS X 10.8.5

Description of the issue

Hi All,

I am new to FileMaker Pro. I have created a file for ticket description which consists of fields like ticket no, ticket creation date, dc center (to which the ticket is allocated), elapsed time( time between current date and ticket creation date), ticket status("OPEN","ESCALATED","COMPLETED","CLOSED" ( used radio button option for this field)).

dc center consists of values "PV", "MR", "ST" (I have used radio button option for this field).Each ticket is allocated to a data center.

Now i want to create a chart for each data center separately. It should be able to display how many tickets are there under that data center and number of days it's (ticket) been spending (elapsed time).

Please help me.

Thanks in advance,
      Rakesh

• 1. Re: creating charts
          TSGal

rakesh katipalli:

Thank you for your post.

Please see Knowledge Base Article #10227 for a tutorial on creating charts in FileMaker Pro 12 (and it also applies to FileMaker Pro 13).  This should give you a good starting point.

http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10227

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: creating charts
            rakeshkatipalli

Thanks for the reply.

But I could not find the solution from that doc.

My requirement is:

I should be able to generate a graph - DC centerwise

a). For each DC center, the graph should display the number of tickets that are pending
                    b). For each DC center, the graph should display the number of days the tickets are pending.

Please help me finding the solution.

Thanks in advance,
                 Rakesh
            • 3. Re: creating charts
              TSGal

Rakesh:

I'm unfamiliar with a "DC Centerwise" chart.  The only chart types that FileMaker renders are bar/column, stacked bar/column, Positive/negative column, Pie, Line, Area, Scatter, and Bubble.

TSGal
                   FileMaker, Inc.

• 4. Re: creating charts
                rakeshkatipalli
                I want to create column chart not DC center chart.I want to create a column chart for each DC center. Here DC center is a field (value list) which consists of values "PV","MR" and "ST"(these are created using radio button option). For each DC center I want to create a column chart as mentioned above. Regards, Rakesh
                • 5. Re: creating charts
                  TSGal

rakesh katipalli:

What steps have you taken so far?

Starting from the beginning, "I want to create a column short for each DC center".

Go into Layout view, use the Chart tool and draw the chart on the layout.  In the Chart Setup, select "Column"  For the X-Axis, enter for Title "Data Center".  For the Data, specify Calculation, and select the DC Center field.  For the Y-Axis, enter for the Title "Elapsed Time".  For the Data, specify Calculation, and select the Elapsed Time field.  Go to Browse.

Currently, you will see a lot of lines.  Sort the table by DC Center.  You will now see the results for the three DC Centers.

The number of tickets are next.  If you have not done so already, create a Summary field that is equal to Count of DC Center.  Then, go back into Layout mode, double-click the chart to edit it, and change the X-Axis Data value to:

<DC Center field> & " - " & GetSummary (<Summary field> ; <DC Center field> )

Return to Browse Mode and you will now see the number of tickets sold next to the DC Center, and along the Y-Axis will be your Elapsed Time.

TSGal
                       FileMaker, Inc.

• 6. Re: creating charts
                    rakeshkatipalli

Thanks for the reply.

Now I want to know how many tickets are pending for 1 - 3 days , 4 - 5 days and >5 days.

Also I want to create a column chart for each DC center, it should display that how many tickets are pending for 1 - 3 days, 4 - 5 days and >5 days for each DC center.

Thanks in advance,

Rakesh

• 7. Re: creating charts
                      TSGal

rakesh katipalli:

Create a calculation for each record for "Pending".  The calculation formula would be something like:

Case (Elapsed Time < 4 ; "1-3 Days" ;
                         Elapsed Time < 6 ; "4-5 Days" ;
                         "> 5 days" )

Then, you can use this as one of your axis points.

Perform a Find for the DC Center field so only the found set of records form the chart.

TSGal
                      FileMaker, Inc.

• 8. Re: creating charts
                        rakeshkatipalli
                        Thank you so much.
                        • 9. Re: creating charts
                          rakeshkatipalli

Hi,

In my chart for pending , when i sort ascending the field pending, the data on X-axis it is showing in the order  >5days, 1-3 days and 4-5 days.

But I want to display it in the order 1-3 days, 4-5 days and >5 days. How can I achieve it?

Please help me.

Regards,

Rakesh

• 10. Re: creating charts
                            TSGal

rakesh katipalli:

Create a custom sort.  That is, when you go to Sort, instead of selecting "Ascending order" or "Descending order", select "Custom order based on value list", and create a value list that shows "1-3 days", "4-5 days", and ">5 days".

TSGal
                            FileMaker, Inc.

• 11. Re: creating charts
                              rakeshkatipalli

Thank you so much for the reply.

Now i want to display a table on my layout which should display the number of tickets pending for each DC center and the average time delay for each DC center. Also explain me how to draw a table on my layout.

The output should be like the image that I have uploaded.

Thanks,

Rakesh

• 12. Re: creating charts
                                TSGal

rakesh katipalli:

In the future, you should post these usage questions in the "Using FileMaker Pro" board.  This board, Report an Issue, is for reporting problems with the software.

You can use a portal to place a table on the page.  I'm not sure where G.Total comes from, but it looks like a calculation of the MK, ST and MR fields.  The Average Days in Queue appears to be a Summary field (Average), or if in a single record, use the Average function.  Then, base your chart on that.

TSGal
                                FileMaker, Inc.