3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 30, 2010 12:53 PM by TSGal

custom menu bug - titles of menu items disappear

deltatango

Summary

custom menu bug - titles of menu items disappear

Description of the issue

I have noticed several times now that when creating custom titles for menu items in a custom menu, sometimes it does not save the name you enter. I will save the menu and when I reopen it, the titles of menu items will be blank. This is not a corrupt file as I built one from scratch and the same thing has happened. FMP Adv 10v3on Mac OS X.5.8

• 1. Re: custom menu bug - titles of menu items disappear
          TSGal

deltatango:

Thank you for your post.

On my machine running OS X 10.5.8 and FileMaker Pro 10.0v3 Advanced, I am unable to replicate the problem.

Can you provide a little more detail?  What menu options are you changing?  What are you naming them?  When and where do you see the blank items?  Anything you can provide that will help me replicate the problem would be appreciated.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: custom menu bug - titles of menu items disappear
            deltatango

Here's an example image:

It's almost as if if you don't navigate to another field after entering the name of the custom menu title, and just click ok, it doesn't save it. This is my guess.

• 3. Re: custom menu bug - titles of menu items disappear
              TSGal

deltatango:

Thanks for the additional information.

Using your theory with a Custom menu, I changed the same three names under the Records menu without clicking OK, and it always saved.  Can you tell me anything else about the Custom Menu being used?  Are you accessing this via a Full Access password?  Does this occur with a new database file?  Anything additional you can help me replicate this problem would be appreciated?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.