Summary

Custom Menus - Override Name for "Delete All Records . . ." Not Updating

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.9

Description of the issue

I've setup an override for the name for the "Delete All Records . . ." command using a calculation as follows:

Case (
           Get ( FoundCount )  = Get ( TotalRecordCount )  ; "Delete All Contacts..." ;
           Get ( FoundCount )   <  Get ( TotalRecordCount )  ; "Delete Found Contacts..."  ;
           "Delete All Contacts..."
      )

I've found that the menu name isn't updating. For example if I have the following:

Total Record Count: 10
      Found Count: 5
      Menu Name:  "Delete All Contacts..."

I then enter Find Mode and then enter Browse Mode to force the window to update and the correct Menu Name appears.  If I then do a Show All Records command I get the following:

Found Count: 10
      Menu Name:  "Delete Found Contacts..."

Once again if I enter Find Mode and then enter Browse Mode to force the window to update and the correct Menu Name appears.

Performing the Refresh Window menu command does not update the Menu Name. If I have the same calculation in the Data Viewer it shows the correct results.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. create a custom menu set that includes the Records menu
      2. override for the name for the "Delete All Records . . ." command using a calculation as follows:

Case (
           Get ( FoundCount )  = Get ( TotalRecordCount )  ; "Delete All Contacts..." ;
           Get ( FoundCount )   <  Get ( TotalRecordCount )  ; "Delete Found Contacts..."  ;
           "Delete All Contacts..."
      )

3. Modify the current found set so that it is less than the total record count, e.g.

Found Count: 5

4. Go to the Records menu - the name for the "Delete All Records..." item is "Delete All Contacts..."

Expected result

The name for the "Delete All Records..." item should be "Delete Found Contacts..."  ;

Actual result

The name for the "Delete All Records..." item is "Delete All Contacts..."

Workaround

Changing modes (e.g. from Browse to Find back to Browse) appears to redraw the menu correctly

Screen_Shot_2014-01-28_at_12.01.30_pm.png

• 1. Re: Custom Menus - Override Name for "Delete All Records . . ." Not Updating
          TSGal

databuzz:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the issue in FileMaker Pro 12 and FileMaker Pro 13 under Mac OS X 10.9.1 and Windows 7.  In addition, this also occurs with Show Omitted.  That is, either "Show" option from the Records menu will not update the calculation for Delete All Records.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Testing departments for review.  As information becomes available to me, I will let you know.

TSGal
               FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Custom Menus - Override Name for "Delete All Records . . ." Not Updating
            TSGal

databuzz:

Our Testing department has let me know that the custom menu set is installed at switching Mode/Layout/Window, and not when changing the found set or current record.  Use the OnRecordLoad script trigger to force update of the menu title.

TSGal
                 FileMaker, Inc.