1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 10, 2009 10:34 AM by TSGal

Custom Privilege Set Bug -- Reproducible, FmPro 10, 9, 8.5, etc...

AHunter3_1

Summary

Custom Privilege Set Bug -- Reproducible, FmPro 10, 9, 8.5, etc...

Description of the issue

Please try this as described but NOT on your production db:a) Create a table.  Do go ahead and create a few fields within it.b) Put MORE THAN ONE occurrence of that table on your rel graph.  Just to make things interesting, don't name ANY of those TO's with the exact same name as the table itself.c) Create a privilege set with custom privileges for record access; for editing on THAT table, enter a formula that references one or more fields in that table.  At the top of the space where you define that formula, note the dropdown labeled "Evaluate this calculation from the context of ___" and make note of which table occurrence it defaults to.d) After exiting out of Access Privs, go into Manage Database and delete the table occurrence used in the "evaluate this calc from the context of" as described above.  e) Go back into Access Privs and drill down via that priv set thru custom privileges on records to editing privs on that table once again.  It should now show  for "Evaluate this calculation from the context of ___" and the formula should have changed to something akin to " = 1" , i.e., your referenced fieldnames will be replaced with "".  As you would expect would be the case.f) So now try to click the dropdown "Evaluate this calculation from the context of ___" and switch to one of the [i]other[/i] table occurrences of that table you created, so that you can re-enter your formula.  Doesn't let you, does it?  You can work around the problem by switching the priv set from "custom" to one of the standards (e.g., "can create, edit and delete in all tables") and OK your way out of Access Privs, then go back in and set it back.  But if you do that, prepare to re-enter every single formula for every table that has a formula for view, edit, or delete.   

• 1. Re: Custom Privilege Set Bug -- Reproducible, FmPro 10, 9, 8.5, etc...
          TSGal

AHunter3:

Thank you for your post, and I apologize for the late reply.

Yes, I can duplicate the problem.  However, if in step "f", I change the current table from "Unknown" to THAT table, save and come back in, I am then able to select the "Evaluate this calculation from the context of _____".

I have forwarded this information to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review.  When I receive additional information, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.