You are permitted to upload one image and still can if you click the edit post button for you original post. You can merge more than one image into a single file using a simple image editing utility such as windows paint. You can also upload images to a file share site and then can include as many download links as you need to document your issue.
There are also ways you can post your script as text directly in the text boxes of the Report an Issue Form:
- You can print a script to a PDF, open the PDF and then select and copy the script as text from the opened PDF.
- If You have FileMaker advanced, you can generate a database design report and copy the script as text from there.
Basic diagnostic tests to perform when you get frequent crashes:
Does the crash only occur with a specific file?
Test by creating a small sample file and see if opening it and working with it also generates a crash. If it crashes too, the problem likely lies with the computer or it's installation of FileMaker. If it does not crash, it becomes more likely that there is a problem with the file.
What is reported when you recover the file?
The file could be damaged.
Things to keep in mind about Recover:
- Recover does not detect all problems
- Recover doesn't always fix all problems correctly
- Best Practice is to never put a recovered copy back into regular use or development. Instead, replace the damaged file with an undamaged back up copy if this is at all possible. You may have to save a clone of the back up copy and import all data from your recovered copy to get a working copy with the most up to date information possible.
Does it always crash when you are doing the same thing with your file?
That may point to a specific layout, script, operation that interacts with your Operating system or other applications... Since you report this happens when you try to run a script to find records, the script or the layout it searches on could be damaged. Try writing a new script and searching a new file. (Do not copy any elements from the current script or layout or you may copy the corruption also.)
This issue is with FM Go.
We have tested with 3 different files on 2 different Servers, using 2 different user accounts.
It looks like the crash I was reporting is not related to the 'perform find' but to the 'show custom dialog'.
In its most basic form:
Create a script including 'only' show custom dialog, and one 'input field' at least, using one button only.
The crash is caused when validatiing the 'show custom dialog. The 'button' in 'show custom dialog which includes up to 3 choices are not in the same order when displayed on IPad. The sequence is, button 1, button 2 then button 3. (used to validate with 'get(last message choice)'.
When using this feature with IPad, Button 1 becomes 2, button 2 becomes 3 and button 2 becomes 1. It looks like the order of execution is out of sequence in the code.
That issue was just recently reported in the FM Go Forum. For More Information see: Known Buglist for Filemaker GO
This is one of many acknowledged bugs that can be found in the Known Buglist for Filemaker GO here in the Report an Issue section of the forum.
It can also be downloaded as a database file from: http://www.4shared.com/file/8orL8apk/FMP_Bugs.html