Summary

Customize status toolbar

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Mac OS-X 10.10.4

Description of the issue

Customize status toolbar is saved to preferences in Layout Mode and Preview Mode but in Browse mode, the settings are forgotten whenever a database is closed. 

The particularly distressing (risky) thing about this is that the FIND icon in Find Mode is directly located where the Delete icon is in Browse mode.  Sometimes a single click on the Find icon is interpreted as a double click and then you see the message asking you if you really want to delete the current record.  You wonder -- why is it asking me about deleting a record when all I did was perform a find?  The reason is the location of the icons in the status toolbar.

This is one of many reasons why I want to modify the status toolbar for Browse mode but I find that I have to customize the status toolbar about 20 times each day.   Very annoying.

BTW - I have studied this for weeks before writing this to make sure it is not my iMac that is at fault.  I see the same behavior on my MacBook Pro too.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Customize the Browse mode status toolbar.   Close a file and/or exit the application.

Expected result

Your settings will be saved with the application, not any individual file.

Actual result

They are not saved with the application.  The defaults re-appear.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

none, except for the above described "do you want to delete" warning.

Configuration information

I can't say whether the issue manifests with hosted files versus local files, but in any event, the toolbar settings are supposed to save with the Application.

Workaround

none, I regret.

Outcomes