4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2009 2:02 PM by jdu98a

Customize status toolbar, Filemaker 10 Advanced

jdu98a

Summary

Customize status toolbar, Filemaker 10 Advanced

Description of the issue

When I select the "Customize status toolbar" option from the 'View' menu the [New], [Rename] and [Delete] buttons are greyed out. The only button that functions is the [Reset] button. Also, if I add commands to my toolbar or make any other changes those changes get reset to default whenever I close and reopen Filemaker.

• 1. Re: Customize status toolbar, Filemaker 10 Advanced
          TSGal

jdu98a:

Thank you for your post.

Since there is no "Rename" button, you may have assigned a custom menu to that button.  What does the "Rename" button do?  the same for "Reset".  Do these buttons appear in Browse Mode?  Layout Mode?  Do you have access privileges set up that may limit these buttons?

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Customize status toolbar, Filemaker 10 Advanced
            jdu98a

This has been the case since the first time I started up FMPA10, and the behavior is consistent in both "browse" and "layout" mode. One thing I have considered that may have effected this is the fact that the first database I opened in FMPA10 was one designed using an earlier version (FMPA8). This database did not have any custom menus assigned however I figured that coming from a version of FMP that did not have the expanded toolbar function that may be the cause of the problem.

To test this I created a new database using FMPA10, again using no custom menus, but the behavior was still present.

• 3. Re: Customize status toolbar, Filemaker 10 Advanced
              TSGal

jdu98a:

Thank you for the additional information.

When I create a new database file, my default options in the Status Bar are "Show All", "New Record", "Delete Record", "Find" and "Sort".  "Show All" is dimmed because there is only one record.  If I delete the record, then only "New Record" and "Find" are available.

When I Customize the Status Toolbar, everything is highlighted, and I'm able to add any icon to the Toolbar.

What steps are you taking, and I will try to duplicate the problem.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 4. Re: Customize status toolbar, Filemaker 10 Advanced
                jdu98a

Thank you for the responses.

It appears that some of the behavior has corrected itself. I am now able to add buttons to my toolbar and they are saved across multiple Filemaker sessions and databases. I'm not sure what has changed, but I'm not going to complain about it. That's good. However, I still do not have use of the [New], [Rename] and [Delete] buttons on the toolbars tab of the "Customize Status Toolbar" window.

It would appear that these buttons are available for the user to be able to create multiple custom toolbars. Perhaps I have misunderstood what function they serve and there is another option that must be enabled for them to be available?

Thank you again for the help.