1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2010 9:16 AM by TSGal

data not showing on print or preview when database opened on OS-X10.6.2 but shows fine on 10.4.11

mattfuehrer

Summary

data not showing on print or preview when database opened on OS-X10.6.2 but shows fine on 10.4.11

Description of the issue

Hi-I have a .fp7 database that I use with FMP 10.0v3.I nomally use it on a iMac G5 with OS-X v.10.4.11 (& FMP 10.0v3)Late last year the iMac failed and I had to transfer my database backup to my MacBook laptop w/ OS-X v.10.6.2 (& FMP 10.0v3)The database opened fine and all worked well until I was going to print an invoice.  I have an invoice printing layout to do this.  On the iMac all data printed as expected.  On the MacBook, no data showed on the print (preview or print), only layout boxes.  Just empty boxes!In the end, I had to completely rebuild my invoice printing layout to make it work again. (I cannot remember whick computer I rebuilt the print layout on but I think it was the iMac.) Now, I am working on improving and adding changes to my database.  I transferred a copy of the database from the iMac to the MacBook to do my work.  I made changes to a few layouts & the database but not the invoice print layout.  I tried printing an invoice and it is not showing any data!  Just like last fall, no data shows!  Preview and print only shows empty layout boxes, no data. So I transferred the database back to the iMac, open it up, print an invoice and ALL DATA IS SHOWING UP!  WTF?!? Seems like an issue of going betwen Mac OS-X versions, huh? Anyone heard of this before?It makes me concerned because I thought I could use the database on any Mac in case one or the other crashes, without disrupting normal business activity.