1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 20, 2015 7:43 AM by TSGal

Data Viewer does not always display the current value of Field Find Request

Malcolm

Summary

Data Viewer does not always display the current value of Field Find Request

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

13.0v5

Operating system version

OS X 10.9.5

Description of the issue

When watching a script run with the Data Viewer window open the values for the second find request are not display accurately. The field value appears to be empty. However, it is possible to use the record slider in the tool bar to move back and forward between records. After moving away to the first find request and moving back to the second find request the field value is displayed.

The issue is only seen in one of the fields. Other fields are displaying the correct data.

Steps to reproduce the problem

1. A script which creates multiple find requests. This script gets a list and then loops through the list using set field ["state"; getValue( $state ; $i ) ]
      2. Open the debugger
      3. Start the script
      4. Watch the field values to see if they are set.
      5. On the second loop, in my circumstances, the field value does not appear to be set (and that causes me concern). However, moving back and forth between find requests causes the data viewer to update and the correct value appears.

Expected result

We expect the Data Viewer to display the current value of the field.

Actual result

The Data Viewer is not displaying the current value of the field

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no error messages

Workaround

refreshing the data viewer display by moving back and forward through the find requests.

• 1. Re: Data Viewer does not always display the current value of Field Find Request
          TSGal

Malcolm Fitzgerald:

Thank you for your post.

The Data Viewer should display the current value of the field for the specific Find Request.  If you have more than one find request, the Data Viewer should display the value of the field for the current find request; not other find requests.  Here is a sample script based on your example.

Set Variable [ $state ; Value: "California" & "¶" & "Texas" & "¶" & "New York" ]
             Set Variable [ $i ; Value: 1 ]
             Enter Find Mode [ ]
             Loop
                Set Field [ State ; GetValue ( $state ; $i ) ]
                Exit Loop If [ $i = 3 ]
                Set Variable [ $i ; Value: $i + 1 ]
                New Record/Request
             End Loop
             Perform Find [ ]

-----

As I step through the script, the Data Viewer does display the correct value in "State".  If I move the slider to the other requests, the correct value of the State field displays correctly.

Let me know if I am misunderstanding your post.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.