Data Viewer focus
Operating system version
Mac OS X 10.6
Description of the issue
Although clicking one of the items of the DataViewer brings the window to the foreground and visually selects one or more item (you can even enter a line, evaluate and exit), the window has not the focus until you click the very thin title bar.
This is EXTREMELY dangerous because if you select some items to remove them from the Data Viewer using backspace, you delete what's selected in the previous window. (if you have a selected script in the manage scripts window for example.
This is not the first time this issue is reported (I couldn't find the thread on the forum), but this is a truely high ranking issue. I lost almost 2 hours of work today, and this is not the first time.
Steps to reproduce the problem
- open the dataviewer and add a formula to the watch tab
- go to the manage scripts window, and select a couple of scripts
- click on the data viewer window. Notice that the selected items are grey (as opposed to blue) for Mac OS X default settings.
- press the delete key
- confirm (of course, you don't read the dialog, like everyone including my poor self)
- ooops, the scripts have been deleted!
ensure to click the thin title bar of the data viewer.
Alternatively, switch back to FM 10.