Database File Reverted to Older Version of Database

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

FMP 11 ADVANCED

Operating system version

Mac OS X 10.5

Description of the issue

I have been developing a database through the FMP network sharing feature.  For the past week I have been making changes to layouts, scripts, etc. and all changes were being seemingly saved as expected.  Whenever I reopened the file through the Remote connection changes made previously would appear. 

I decided to move the file to a different disc so I closed the file from the Remote Host and moved to a new disc.  When I reopened the file, all of the changes I had been making were gone.  Nothing had committed to the actual file.  I have lost everything.   What happened?  Doesn't the sharing feature commit changes to the file or were they simply stored in cache and never really committed to the actual file.

I had even copied the file (while it was still open and being shared) to make a back-up copy thinking the changes were being committed all along.

One more kicker, the file was on a dropbox folder, however it was only being accessed by the host FMP and connected to through the sharing feature.

Steps to reproduce the problem

Haven't tried to reproduce...don't want to...I want my work back.

But I guess they were:

OPEN FILE
TURN ON SHARING
MAKE CHANGES OVER TIME
CLOSE FILE
MOVE FILE TO NEW DISC
REOPEN

Expected result

Changes gone.  File reverted to version of file when opened.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

None

Outcomes