Database too old for FM Go?

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

Go 1.1.1 Filemaker Pro 9.0v3

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.6.4

Description of the issue

When I try to open my database using Go on my iphone, I get the following message:  "This system requires FileMaker Pro version 8 or higher.  Please upgrade your version of FileMaker and try again."

I'm already using FileMaker Pro version 9.

I can host other database files that will open in Go.

After Go gives the error, it does show my database layoug in the background before closing.

Workaround

None Found.

• 1. Re: Database too old for FM Go?
          TSGal

Jacob Greenfield:

Thank you for your post.

I frequently open FileMaker Pro 9.0v3 files with FileMaker Go, so there may be something in the file that FileMaker Go does not recognize.  Try running Recover from the File menu, and then open the Recovered file.  See if FileMaker Go is then able to access the file.

If you continue to have difficulty, I would like to see the file.  Check your Inbox at the top of this page for instructions where to send the file.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.

• 2. Re: Database too old for FM Go?
            TSGal

Jacob Greenfield:

I received your file.  Thank you.

The error message comes from the opening script "GLOBAL_Open".  The third script step uses Get (ApplicationVersion) and checks to see if it is less than 8.  With FileMaker Go 1.0 or 1.1, this will definitely be less than 8, so you will get that error message.  You may want to include evaluating the first two characters to make sure it isn't "Go".  That is,

If [ GetAsNumber ( Get (ApplicationVersion) ) < 8 and Left ( Get (ApplicationVersion) ; 2 ) ≠ "Go" ]

Let me know if you run into any other difficulty.

TSGal
            FileMaker, Inc.

• 3. Re: Database too old for FM Go?
              JacobGreenfield

TSGal -

You rock!!  Thanks for your help.  It should have occurred to me that the problem was a script in our database.  All fixed and running beautifully!!

jake