0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2012 11:35 AM by jbarnum

DATEFORMAT attribute in XML Web Publishing header does not match actual date format of data

jbarnum

Summary

DATEFORMAT attribute in XML Web Publishing header does not match actual date format of data

Product

FileMaker Server

Version

Operating system version

Don't know

Description of the issue

As you can see in the screenshot, the XML publishing has this element:

However, the actual timestamp value is "08-08-2012 21:07:07", which does not match the advertised date format. This makes it impossible to parse the date value, other than simply guessing at what the correct format might be.

Steps to reproduce the problem

This is difficult for me to reproduce because this is for a client in the Netherlands, and it appears that it is using their date format. My dates in the U.S. are appearing as MM/dd/yyyy, which does not cause a problem.

Expected result

Either 1) DATEFORMAT should say "MM-dd-yyyy" or 2) the data should be 08/08/2012 21:07:07.

Actual result

DATEFORMAT is "MM/dd/yyyy", which does not match the data value of "08-08-2012"

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

N/A

Configuration information

I don't know the customer's configuration

Workaround

In my parsing code, change the hyphens to slashes and cross my fingers and hope that everything else is fine, and that the MM and dd are in the same order as expected.

Screen_shot_2012-08-31_at_8.26.36_AM.png