3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 12:09 PM by philmodjunk

DDR Crash

guyatcny

Summary

DDR Crash

Description of the issue

I am using Filemaker 10.3 Advanced, VistaOn one of my databases every time I try to run the DDR FM crashes within a few seconds I tried using Advanced 8 and the report generated perfectly (same Vista computer)  Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks

• 1. Re: DDR Crash
          philmodjunk

Perhaps the file is damaged and running the DDR on FIlemaker advanced 10.3 encounters this damage in a way that it can't handle.

Try making a DDR of a recovered copy of your file.

If that works and/or the recover process reports that your file had a problem, replace it with an undamaged back up copy.

• 2. Re: DDR Crash
            guyatcny

Phil

Thank you for you suggestion.

Prior to posting I did just that.  The recover process said no errors, I then tried to run the DDR on the recovered file.  Exact same issue, crashed almost immediately.

I believe this is a bug issue.....

Tom

• 3. Re: DDR Crash
              philmodjunk

If this only happens with a single file and you can generate the DDR's with other files just fine, it is more likely that you have a problem with the file even though recover didn't find or fix any such problem. (Recover can't find and fix every possible type of file corruption.)