Perhaps the file is damaged and running the DDR on FIlemaker advanced 10.3 encounters this damage in a way that it can't handle.
Try making a DDR of a recovered copy of your file.
If that works and/or the recover process reports that your file had a problem, replace it with an undamaged back up copy.
Thank you for you suggestion.
Prior to posting I did just that. The recover process said no errors, I then tried to run the DDR on the recovered file. Exact same issue, crashed almost immediately.
I believe this is a bug issue.....
If this only happens with a single file and you can generate the DDR's with other files just fine, it is more likely that you have a problem with the file even though recover didn't find or fix any such problem. (Recover can't find and fix every possible type of file corruption.)