2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 18, 2010 9:34 AM by TSGal

Delete an entry in the dataviewer

andries_1

Summary

Delete an entry in the dataviewer

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved: FileMaker Pro Advanced 11 Operating System(s) involved:Mac 10.5.5 Detailed description of the issue:The delete keystroke does not work anymore in the dataviewer to delete an expression. That is OK, but when you have on the same time your Manage Script Dialog window open, it will ask you if you are sure to delete the selected script.  The dataviewer is not focused when clicking in the white area, only when clicking on title bar.  Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1. Open Manage script dialog window2. Select a script3. Open dataviewer and try to delete an entry in the Watch  Expected Result:Delete the entry in the Watch Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A Any additional configuration information/troubleshooting that is relevant to the issue:N/A Any workarounds that you have found:Use the delete button provided by the Data Viewer window

• 1. Re: Delete an entry in the dataviewer
          andries_1

apparently this is a Window focus problem. The data viewer is not focused when clicking in the white are. However if you click on the titlebar, the data viewer window is focused and you can again use the delete button to delete entries.

• 2. Re: Delete an entry in the dataviewer
            TSGal

andries:

Thank you for your post.

I am able to replicate the problem on both Mac OS X 10.5.8 and Mac OS X 10.6.2.

This is definitely a Window focus issue.  Following your exact steps do NOT replicate the problem.  It should be modified as follows:

1. Open Manage Scripts

2. Select a Script

3. Open Data Viewer (focus is now on Data Viewer and you are able to delete an entry)

4. Return to the Manage Scripts window.  If the Data Viewer is in front of the Manage Scripts window, it will remain in the foreground.

5. Return to the Data Viewer, select the "Watch" tab, and try to delete an entry using the Delete key.

As you have discovered, the delete key does not respond to the Data Viewer until you click on the Title Header.

I have forwarded your post along with my findings to our Development and Software Quality Assurance (Testing) departments for review and confirmation.  When more information becomes available to me, I will let you know.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.