1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 2, 2009 1:04 PM by TSGal

Delete Portal Row not working in IWP on graphic buttons in portals

Adrian_S

Summary

Delete Portal Row not working in IWP on graphic buttons in portals

Description of the issue

BUG: Deleting a Record in a Portal in IWP: a native (i.e. text-based) button deletes the row OK, but a graphic button does nothing. Both types of button work OK in client. Note: I have a small .fp7 file that demonstrates this bug  simply, if you need it. 1. Exact steps to reproduce the problem.   CREATING THE DATABASE:  a) Create two tables.  b) Relate the two tables with an equi-join.  c) Create a container global field. Name it e.g. 'Delete'.  d) In Browse Mode, enter any graphic in it.  e) In Layout Mode, 'Delete' -> Button Setup… -> Delete Portal Row.  f) Create new layout. Name it e.g. 'With Portal'.  g) Create a portal.  h) Add the graphic button 'Delete' to the top-most portal row.  i) Add a native (i.e. text-based) button to the same portal row.  j) Native button -> Button Setup… -> Delete Portal Row.  k) Create another layout. Name it e.g. 'No Portal'. Views -> List View.  l) Add both buttons to the Body part.    TESTING THE DATABASE:  m) Add a few records on both layouts.  n) Login via IWP.  o) Go to layout 'With Portal'.  p) Try deleting portal rows by clicking on the graphic button. Incorrectly, *no* rows will be deleted.  q) Delete some portal rows by clicking on the native button. Rows *will* be deleted. 2. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared. None:  a) No message is displayed to user.  b) No error message is added to the 'application.log'. 3. Include additional configuration information that you think is relevant to the problem. FMPA 10.0v2.IWP: FileMaker Web Publishing 10.0v2.OS: Windows Vista Business SP1. Work-around:Use a native (i.e. text-based) button instead.

• 1. Re: Delete Portal Row not working in IWP on graphic buttons in portals
          TSGal

Adrian S:

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, I am unable to duplicate the problem.  Here are the steps I took:

1. I created the table "Mainfile" with the following fields:

ID (Text)

Name (Text)

2. I created a second table "Relatedfile" with the following fields:

ID (Text)

Hobby (Text)

Delete (Container - Global)

3. In Mainfile, I entered one record with the following data:

ID - Name

1 - TSGal

4. In Relatedfile, I entered a few records:

ID - Hobby

1 - Running

1 - Music

1 - Cooking

1 - Seeing the Dentist

1 - Seeing the Dentist again

5. I created a relationship between Mainfile and Relatedfile where ID = ID

6. In Relatedfile, I inserted a graphic into the "Delete" container field.

7. In the layout for Mainfile, I created a portal into Relatedfile and included "Hobby" and "Delete" fields

8. I used the rectangle tool to create a graphic and placed it in the portal to the right of the two fields.

9. With "Delete" selected, I pulled down the Format menu and select "Button Setup...".  I chose the option "Delete Portal Row" and checked no dialog.

10. With the rectangle graphic selected, I also set it as a button to "Delete Portal Row" and checked no dialog.

11. I go to Browse Mode and I see the five related records.

12. I click on the "Delete" field for Seeing the Dentist, and the portal record is removed.

13. I click on the rectangle field for Seeing the Dentist again, and the portal record is removed.

14. I switch to the Relatedfile layout, and add those two records back again.

15. I turned on Instant Web Publishing.

16. I go to another computer, launch a browser and enter the IP address.  I select the database file and open it.

17. I go to the layout for "Mainfile" and the portal shows the five related records.

18. I click on the "Delete" field for Seeing the Dentist, and the portal record is removed.

19. I click on the rectangle field for Seeing the Dentist again, and the portal record is removed.

I am using FileMaker Pro 10 on an iMac running Mac OS X 10.5.7.  The other computer where I accessed via Instant Web Publishing (Firefox) was a Dell Dimension running Windows XP SP3.

Let me know what I'm doing differently, and I'll try to duplicate the problem here.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.