AnsweredAssumed Answered

Delete Portal Row not working in IWP on graphic buttons in portals

Question asked by Adrian_S on Jun 4, 2009
Latest reply on Jul 2, 2009 by TSGal

Summary

Delete Portal Row not working in IWP on graphic buttons in portals

Description of the issue

BUG: Deleting a Record in a Portal in IWP: a native (i.e. text-based) button deletes the row OK, but a graphic button does nothing. Both types of button work OK in client. Note: I have a small .fp7 file that demonstrates this bug  simply, if you need it. 1. Exact steps to reproduce the problem.   CREATING THE DATABASE:  a) Create two tables.  b) Relate the two tables with an equi-join.  c) Create a container global field. Name it e.g. 'Delete'.  d) In Browse Mode, enter any graphic in it.  e) In Layout Mode, 'Delete' -> Button Setup… -> Delete Portal Row.  f) Create new layout. Name it e.g. 'With Portal'.  g) Create a portal.  h) Add the graphic button 'Delete' to the top-most portal row.  i) Add a native (i.e. text-based) button to the same portal row.  j) Native button -> Button Setup… -> Delete Portal Row.  k) Create another layout. Name it e.g. 'No Portal'. Views -> List View.  l) Add both buttons to the Body part.    TESTING THE DATABASE:  m) Add a few records on both layouts.  n) Login via IWP.  o) Go to layout 'With Portal'.  p) Try deleting portal rows by clicking on the graphic button. Incorrectly, *no* rows will be deleted.  q) Delete some portal rows by clicking on the native button. Rows *will* be deleted. 2. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared. None:  a) No message is displayed to user.  b) No error message is added to the 'application.log'. 3. Include additional configuration information that you think is relevant to the problem. FMPA 10.0v2.IWP: FileMaker Web Publishing 10.0v2.OS: Windows Vista Business SP1. Work-around:Use a native (i.e. text-based) button instead.

Outcomes