Delete requires mouse click. What happened to the keyboard command "D"

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

11 and 12

Operating system version

Mac OS 10.7.3

Description of the issue

When deleting a record in Filemaker 11 and 12 I have to use the mouse to click delete. What happened to the keyboard command "D"? I like to do as much as possible with the keyboard. Is the only solution to write a script?

Steps to reproduce the problem

Command E (Delete record)

Expected result

keyboard command "D" for delete; "C" for cancel

Actual result

Mouse has to be physically moved to "delete" position and clicked. There is no keyboard command to activate the delete command, Whereas "cancel" can be achieved by pressing "return"

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

no error message

Workaround

none.

• 1. Re: Delete requires mouse click. What happened to the keyboard command "D"
          TSGal

Answer Feedback:

Thank you for your post.

The keyboard commands "D" and "C" in the Delete Record dialog box was removed in FileMaker Pro 11 to comply with Mac OS X.  I encourage you to enter this as a suggestion into our Feature Requests web form at:

http://www.filemaker.com/company/contact/feature_request.html

The entries from this web form are automatically populated into a database file that is hosted by Development and Product Management, where the entries are then discussed and considered for a future release.  Although I could copy your post and paste it into the web form, there are a couple of questions asked that only you can answer.

In the mean time, you can either press Command-option-E to delete the record without the dialog box appearing, or press Command-E and then click on Delete or Cancel.

TSGal
          FileMaker, Inc.