Deleting "out of control" scripts

AGryder

Summary

Deleting "out of control" scripts

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Description of the issue

I am VERY new to designing scripts and have designed a script so that if a sales order total is over the credit limit a dialogue box will appear that says "stop! need credit approval!" with "OK "and "CANCEL" buttons,  however I added a line at the end of the script (cannot remember which one) that now causes the dialogue box to appear ALL THE TIME and I cannot click OK or CANCEL and get it to disappear.  Because of this all of the buttons at the top of my screen are greyed out and I cannot click on anything except the constant "OK" or "CANCEL".  I need to delete this script.  I have tried to find the script by opening another "layout" within the database, but it only brings up the scripts related to that layout.

HELP!!!!

Thanks
      Angela

• 1. Re: Deleting "out of control" scripts
          philmodjunk

This section of the forum is intended for reporting possible bugs with Filemaker Pro.

Unless this file kicks in automatically when you open the file, you should be able to open the file and then use Manage Scripts (may have a different name in 8.5), to list all the scripts defined in the file--not just those for the current layout. You should then be able to open the script and edit it to fix the problem.

If the script does launch automatically when the file is opened, you may be able to exit out of it by pressing Esc on windows or command period on mac.

FileMaker Advanced can be very useful when solving such script issues as you can enable the script debugger before opening the file, open it and then any script that starts up will appear in the script debugger window where you can cancel the script or even click a button to open it up to edit it.