1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2009 3:36 PM by TSGal

Design Functions Fail with multiple files with same name

AdamDempsey

Summary

Design Functions Fail with multiple files with same name

Description of the issue

FileMaker Product(s) involved:FileMaker Pro Advanced 10.0v3, FileMaker Server 10.0v2Detailed description of the issue:We are running two servers with some files of the same name on each, when I call ValueListNames(Get(FileName)) in file CN on Server A it lists the Value Lists from file CN on Server B.Exact steps to reproduce the issue:1.  Have two files on two different servers with the same name. 2.  Call a design function with Get(FileName) or the filename in speech marks as a parameter. 3.  The wrong values are returned. Expected Result:The Value Lists from CN on Server A are returned. Actual Result:The Value Lists from CN on Server B are returned. Exact text of any error message(s) that appeared:N/A 

• 1. Re: Design Functions Fail with multiple files with same name
          TSGal

ADempsey:

Thank you for your post.

I am unable to replicate the problem.  I have two servers hosting files, and I select "FMServer_Sample.fp7" on both machines.  I get the correct information from both machines, depending on what Window is displaying the current file.

If you could be a little more specific with the exact steps to take to replicate the problem, I would appreciate it.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc.