2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 4, 2009 2:46 PM by david583

dialog box appears twice

david583

Summary

dialog box appears twice

Description of the issue

I am calling a dialog box in one layout to go to another. with either message choice the selected action happens but the box appears again for another input. There is only ok and cancel to choose from. ok takes you to the  correct layout but then asks again, cancel stops the script but then asks again.the script i'm using is listed below.  Show custom dialog[..................]  If[get{LastMessageChoice}=1]    go to related record[................]  End If I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this and may be able to explain what I have done wrong.

• 1. Re: dialog box appears twice
          TSGal

david583:

Thank you for your post.

Without seeing your file, it is difficult to determine where the problem lies.

I would add a "Halt Script" script step after the "Go To Related Record", just to make sure you are going to the right layout.  This should not give you a second dialog box.  You can then look for another "Show Custom Dialog" after the End If command.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: dialog box appears twice
            david583

Thankyou, so simple really.

I put a 'halt script' where you suggested and there was nothing after that. I moved it to after the 'end if' and now the dialog box only appears once, it must have re-run the script when the new layout opened. Thankyou for your assistance.