2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2014 7:08 AM by TSGal

Difference between FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Go 13 regarding Export Records

MogensBrun_1

Summary

Difference between FileMaker Pro 13 and FileMaker Go 13 regarding Export Records

Product

FileMaker Go

Version

13.0v4

Operating system version

iOS 8.1

Description of the issue

The "Export Records" script step with no "Specify Field Order for Export" will delete any available file with same name as defined in "Specify Output File" - if performed in FileMaker Pro 13.

But this is not the case if performed in FileMaker Go. The same "Export Records" script step will
      return Error = 3 without deleting any available file with the specified name.

The ability to delete an external file from current FileMaker file is very useful when you develop a
      procedure for updating an existing local FileMaker solution by distributing clone files of the new
      version.

The described problem is not mentioned in article 11953, 10087 or anywhere else to my knowledge.
      Note: I have changed the original description of this note, because I found this problem trying to document the original described problem (which I will return to later).

Steps to reproduce the problem

I have mailed a demo file with ref. 16285.

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

There is no error in FileMaker Pro, In FileMaker Go 13 error 3 will be reported.

Workaround

I know of no workaround for this problem.