Summary

Difficulty Editing Layout

Product

FileMaker Pro

Version

Operating system version

Windows

Description of the issue

I would like to add a tab to my database options and followed the directions, I go to format "tab control set up" but "Tab control set up" is grayed out and not an option.  I am in the "full access" mode and should have full privileges to editing information.  I even tried adding a text box and it won't do that either.  What can I do to add another field for information?

Steps to reproduce the problem

edit layout -> FORMAT menu -> tab control setup (not available)

Expected result

additional tab

Actual result

not available

Exact text of any error message(s) that appear

text is gray not black, and therefore I cannot click on it

• 1. Re: Difficulty Editing Layout
          philmodjunk

You first have to select the tab control you want to edit as you could have multiple tab controls on your layout and FileMaker wouldn't know which one to edit if you don't tell it by selecting that control before making this menu selection.

And a quicker way to open Tab control set up is to enter layout mode and double click a blank area of one of the tab panels. wink

• 2. Re: Difficulty Editing Layout
            KatieAlmand

I do not want to edit the tab, I want to create a new tab.  The directions tell me to select a tab and then go to the format menu, so on and so forth.

• 3. Re: Difficulty Editing Layout
              TSGal

Katie Almand:

Thank you for your posts.

To create a new Tab Control, go into Layout Mode, and with the Status Toolbar displayed, click the Tab Control tool.  Then, on your layout, draw the tab control on the layout where you want it to appear.  Once the tab control is drawn and you let go of the mouse, the Tab Control Setup window will appear to make the desired adjustments.

Let me know if you need additional clarification.

TSGal
              FileMaker, Inc.